A journal

March 22, 2018

I’m going to start a journal. Not a journal where you doodle, draw or write poetry and quotes. Not a diary where I write down my deepest and darkest thoughts and emotions. No, I’m going to start a memory journal.


Why? 

I am visiting my grandma. Today we sat in the living room and talked for hours. Or she talked and I listened. It turns out she has had one of the most interesting lives I have ever heard of. There are so many interesting and even unbelievable things that happened in her life, it’s fascinating.

And through out her stories I started thinking - how amazing it would’ve been if she had written it all down, because there were some details or even whole events she couldn’t remember at all.

So, I decided, I will write a memory journal. Or a memoir, if I can call it that.

I will write my memoir, so when I’m old I can look back onto all the amazing things that I did with my life. I will write my memoir so it can be passed on to my children and grandchildren, so, when I’m gone, whenever they miss me or think of me, they can read about me.

I think we all should write our memoirs. Even if they’re never going to be made into a book and published. Because each and every one of us has a whole world inside us and all around us. And if everyone could be able to read about other people, their lives, thoughts and experiences, we could all understand each other and the world would be a much kinder place.







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts